Well, after talking to the docs at Cincinnati they thought it would be best to cancel Sam’s surgery and reschedule.
It is for the best though.
I can’t imagine getting on a plane with him tomorrow morning. He’s a little better today, and off the oxygen so that’s good, but still very lethargic. He’s definitely starting to turn the corner though.
If he were a typical kid, he would have been in the hospital a few days ago and likely intubated.
As we suspected, Sam has tracheitis which is an infection in the trachea. For a typical kid, tracheitis is super rare. It’s the cursing of a having a direct access to your airway. Thankfully, for Sam, it’s always been easily treated. This means fourteen different nebulizer treatments, four times a day, an oral steroid, a little oxygen support, and mama, daddy, and/or a nurses lap.
Are we thankful for home care nurses? You have no idea.
Except for figuring out how we’ll handle the medical supplies already shipped to the hotel, we were able to cancel everything hassle and fee free. That was a huge relief.
This is a perfect example of truly living one day at a time. Yes, it’s a bummer, but it is okay and it will be okay.
We are thankful Sam didn’t end up in the hospital and he’s on the mend.
Faith Over Fear.
3 thoughts on “Cincinnati Cancelled”
Cincinnati will just have to wait a little longer to get Superman Sam Strong! God has got this.
Continued prayers for you all. Hugs to Sam!
And I’m thankful to have this amazing, happy, sweet boy in my life! ❤️ ❤️