All the stars have aligned or in my opinion, God had a plan.
Overall, Sam’s been doing well. The temporary fix seems to be holding up for the most part.
I can’t help but think there was a reason we had to cancel the first trip to Cincinnati. If we would have gone and Sam would have had his airway surgery, the likelihood of the surgery being successful would be slim to none with Sam’s new diagnosis.
Again, as we suspected, the second trip was canceled as well.
If I go into the details, I’ll have to write a novel.
Our surgeon here consulted with the main surgeon in Cincinnati.
Sam is scheduled to have surgery here on September 30th. It’s a big one, with a six hour OR time slotted and a five to seven day stay in the hospital. That’s without complications.
Minor surgeries, which have been the bulk of Sam’s now fifty plus surgeries, have always gone really well for Sam. Major surgeries, on the other hand, haven’t always gone as well.
This surgery will go well, without complications.
Are we nervous? No doubt! We choose not to worry about the things we cannot control.
He will be in the best hands and we believe this will be a final fix to Sam’s GI issues.
We believe Cincinnati will follow.
Faith Over Fear!